9.10.07

Promenade – Natanya

In 2004 Netanya’s promenade it won Israel’s prize for the most beautiful the country has, and justly so. I have seen none better anywhere I traveled, be it in Israel or anywhere else I have been.

The promenade that runs for about 4 –5 kilometers or more on a cliff along the Mediterranean Sea, half way between Tel Aviv and Haifa, is not yet finished, and you constantly see new things added to it. It will eventually join a large park that work on it has only recently started.

In my ‘Crows” post I displayed a couple of photos from the newer part of this promenade, and my Sand Lilies come from there as well. Now I’d like to take you to some of the older parts.

My husband and I got up one morning with camera in hand and started photographing.Back in our room I looked at what I got and the choice was overwhelming. We had so many and varied photos, making the choosing very difficult.

I sorted the photos into groups and picked out some of each, in the hope of giving you a taste and an idea on how beautiful this promenade really is.

So lets go

Artist, poet & the Author of From the Promised Land to the Lucky Country

http://www.promisedland-renate.com/

2 comments:

jmb said...

Hi Renate,
This is a truly beautiful spot and your photos are lovely.
I had been back and read your answer to my comment but thanks for sending it to me.
regards
jmb

renate@gmail.com said...

Hi jmb,
I am so pleased you liked those photos. This promenade is really something. I will be posting some more photos from it as I go along.

I also have some wonderful photos we took of a tree that gave shade already in the days of old Israel, in the days of King David. Will post it in one of my coming posts.

Comments and feedbacks are what fill the ink in a writer's pen. It makes a writer write more and get better at it.
I thank you
Renate


Bicurim feast in the kibbutz highschool
Hi Walter and Annette, Thanks for the feedback. Pleased you enjoyed reading it. What happened to the boat, comes in a period after the book ends and maybe a part of the next book...