27.7.07

Nature and us Humans

In my last posting I wrote about the culture of cutting trees and the results that follow, as well as a way to combat this negative trend.

Today I wish to enlarge on this subject, as it did not leave my mind since my last posting, so here I am:

Unfortunately, we in the western world have instituted a negative way of looking at nature and much of what we do, and the way we live, is contra to nature’s laws: We fight nature instead of going hand in hand with it. We poison everything that crosses our way, and our scientists do all kind of changes in nature to ‘better’ it.

I feel, and am convinced, that in the long run, we of the Human race will be the losers. Nature does not really care if we survive of not. Nature adjusts. It changes, and the changes it does are slow, but are the ones that keep everything in working balance.

I INDICT YOU MAN
(Nature verses man)

I indict you man
Before Heaven and Earth,
I indict you man:

I indict you man for polluting
The breathing air,
The drinking water,
The food for eating,
I indict you.

I indict you man
For cutting forests,
For diverting rivers,
For moving mountains,
I indict you.

I indict you man for the loss
of beast on land,
Of fish in water,
Of birds in sky
I indict you.

I indict you man
For high-rise ghettos
And asphalt pollution
I indict you.

I indict you man
For nuclear radiation and waste,
For deformities and death,
I indict you.

I indict you man for destruction
I indict you man for you are the destroyer,
I indict you man for I am Nature
And I, Indict you -
Man…

©Renate All rights reserved, June, 1992 renate555@gmail.com

Renate

Artist, poet & the Author of

From the Promised Land to the Lucky Countryhttp://www.promisedland-renate.com/

No comments:


Bicurim feast in the kibbutz highschool
Hi Walter and Annette, Thanks for the feedback. Pleased you enjoyed reading it. What happened to the boat, comes in a period after the book ends and maybe a part of the next book...