19.9.07

The computer swallowed Grandma

Hi, You may or may not know that most home-computer users are those of the 'Golden age' The 'Third Generation' 'The oldies' The 'Retirees' etc etc… This phenomenon brought the following poem to my door via a friend's email. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did Renate
THE COMPUTER SWALLOWED GRANDMA

The computer swallowed grandma.
Yes, honestly its true!
She pressed 'control' and 'enter'
And disappeared from view.

It devoured her completely;
The thought just makes me squirm.
She must have caught a virus
Or been eaten by a worm.

I've searched through the recycle bin
And files of every kind;
I've even used the Internet,
But nothing did I find.

In desperation, I asked Jeeves
My searches to refine.
The reply from him was negative,
Not a thing was found 'online.'

So, if inside your 'Inbox,'
My Grandma you should see,
Please 'Copy,''Scan' and 'Paste' her
And send her back to me.

This is a tribute to all the Grandmas who have been fearless and learned to use the Computer........ They are the greatest!!!

We do not stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing.
NEVER Be The First To Get Old!


Renate
Artist, poet & the Author of
From the Promised Land to the Lucky Country
http://www.promisedland-renate.com/

No comments:


Bicurim feast in the kibbutz highschool
Hi Walter and Annette, Thanks for the feedback. Pleased you enjoyed reading it. What happened to the boat, comes in a period after the book ends and maybe a part of the next book...