3.9.07

Computer Blues

It’s a couple of months now that I have endless problems with my computer. It crashes several times daily and gives me a blue screen with a lot written on it. The only thing I can decipher is, that it is unhappy with some new hardware I have.The only new hardware I have is a router. So we change routers, but it’s not any better.

It’s very hot and humidity is at a constant 65% and over. We think, the computer does not like this.We put the air conditioner on, and a fan to boot, close the doors and windows, and it seems to work. It’s the only room we air conditioned, and its freezing in here, even though it is set at 26 degrees C. Each time I come into the room, I wonder if I’ll end catching a cold. My dear husband caught one already.

Well, I can persevere with that, but my Internet connection is extremely slow.At times, it does not react at all. I find it very frustrating. We change routers again but it’s not any better.

We return the router, get our money back and buy one from a recommended shop and - The best on the market – that’s what we are told..It does not work either.

We find we need a modem between the computer and the router.We go to our Internet provider and he gives us one.We take the one given, but pay no attention that the package isn’t sealed; how careless of us.We set it up but nothing has changed.

The weekend arrives, and I think it’s a good time to get good personal technical support. I phone at 7am and am through immediately. For about 4 hours we go over every detail the technicians can only think off, and we get always the same reply – error 678. Conclusion,

‘ We’ll send a technician to see if the modem is faulty. But it will be only tomorrow.There are no technicians on weekends.

The next day has come, and so has the technician; a lovely, good looking young man, with long black curly hair and a bright smile, ready to serve.What more can I wish for…

He starts going through the same process I spent 4 hour over yesterday.

I say,

‘We did it all yesterday.’

He says,

‘Did you?’

I say,

‘Yes’

He says,

‘Just to be sure, I’ll go over some of it again’.

He does, and lo and behold, he comes to the same conclusion.He changes the modem, this time without the router, and here I am:

Technology


I am as guilty as you are

For loving all that’s new

All that comes my way

From here to Timbuktu


I am a modern woman

I shop for all there is

Technology - my right

Advancement is my thing


Yet, I have a problem

One I can’t control

It’s not just mine –

It belongs to us all


Why can’t we leave

Nature alone

Why don’t we stop

Probing around


Why do we prod

The skies and the seas

Why do we split the atoms

As well as the genes


If we develop

What we naturally have

We could astro-travel

And need not pay


Numbers we could add

In a second or two

Without the crutch

Of a CPU.


So why don’t we expand

Our sixth or seventh sense

And bring some logic

To our beloved land



©Renate 21.4.2006 renate555@gmail.com

Renate

Artist, poet & the Author of

From the Promised Land to the Lucky Country

http://www.promisedland-renate.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Failure is a lesson to take a step back to move forward. In technology hopefully we have a recovery process, but in real life matters, sometimes we cannot undo the damage.

Would like to share with you a famous quote of Marie Ebner-Eschenbach.

"In youth we learn; in age we understand."

A lot of wisdom in this post!.

Thierry


Bicurim feast in the kibbutz highschool
Hi Walter and Annette, Thanks for the feedback. Pleased you enjoyed reading it. What happened to the boat, comes in a period after the book ends and maybe a part of the next book...